fooddiggercarrot2
TheFoodDigger

Feed

Links

About

Contact

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Caulifower and Parsnip Whipped Dip!


Cauliflower and Parsnip Dip with cucumbers, carrots, and celery


I am the one at the holiday family dinners who pushes the "weird" food on my mainstream minded relatives. I try not to be toooo pushy... fortunately my family members, though traditional in their meals, are usually open to my unfamiliar flavors and funny looking vegetables.

One of my contributions to this year's Easter feast was a whipped cauliflower and parsnip dip! I wanted to make something similar to a hummus, but with vegetables rather than beans. I was quite pleased with the results- it had a great texture for dipping and subtle, pleasant flavors! (This was a true feat for me since I always season boldly!) It also worked nicely as an appetizer for a big feast because it was fairly light. Pair with sliced vegetables and you have a healthy, texturally pleasing snack!

Ingredients:

- 1 head of caulifower
- 1 large parsnip
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Enough to coat vegetables for roasting, plus a couple tablespoons for the dip)
- Juice from half a lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Chop cauliflower into florets. Chop parsnip into one inch cubes.
2. Place cauliflower, parsnip, and garlic coves (peeled, whole) into a roasting pan. Coat with olive oil.
3. Roast at 350 degrees for approximately half an hour, until vegetables are tender.
4. Place roasted vegetables in a food processor and process until smooth.
5. Add turmeric, a couple tablespoons of olive oil, juice from half a lemon, salt, and black pepper to taste. Process until all ingredients are combined.
6. Enjoy immediately or serve chilled!

Pairs nicely with sliced vegetables, fruit, bread, and crackers! Would also work well as a side dish.




No comments:

Post a Comment